Who’s good at flying? How about throwing things really high into the air? Or shouting really loudly?
You? Good, because it’s launch team time. [grin] I’m gathering all of those with flying super powers and with giant lungs for the Launch Team for A Time to Speak (which releases in just six weeks! *panic*). (Tweet this) We did this last year for A Time to Die and it was a blast!
About the Book:
A Time to Speak is the sequel to A Time to Die, a Christian dystopian YA book. The blurb for the second book contains spoilers, so I’ll just put the blurb from book one below to whet your appetite (if you haven’t read it already.)
How would you live if you knew the day you’d die?
Parvin Blackwater believes she has wasted her life. At only seventeen, she has one year left according to the Clock by her bedside. In a last-ditch effort to make a difference, she tries to rescue Radicals from the government’s crooked justice system.
But when the authorities find out about her illegal activity, they cast her through the Wall — her people’s death sentence. What she finds on the other side about the world, about eternity, and about herself changes Parvin forever and might just save her people. But her clock is running out.
For those of you who have already read A Time to Die, here’s the blurb for A Time to Speak.
Team Member Benefits:
This is all the cool stuff you get for being on my launch team!
- An electronic review copy (PDF) of A Time to Speak immediately upon acceptance (“immediately” meaning as soon as I get it from my publisher. Hehe.) If you haven’t read A Time to Die yet, I will also send you the old PDF advanced reader copy of that.
- Exclusive access to a Facebook group where we’ll brainstorm ideas.
- A special THANK YOU on my blog after the launch with links to your blog or website.
- Authors will get an inside experience and glimpses on how to launch a book!
- Your choice of either a free 10-page edit on your work in progress OR a free paperback of A Time to Speak when it releases. (Tweet this)
Team Member Requirements:
- Team members will read A Time to Speak and write an honest book review (even if it’s 1-star!) on Amazon, Goodreads, (if you have one), and/or their blog (optional.)
- Team members will help spread the word any way they can — to their existing social media platform and beyond (FB, Twitter, etc.) — This means something like two posts related to A Time to Speak per week leading up to the launch. Posts, memes, and visuals will be provided.
- Team members will interact with the rest of the team and try to come up with 2 or 3 creative ideas for the launch.
- If the team member is a blogger s/he will consider posting an interview or guest post featuring me or the book on his/her blog.
Doesn’t that all sound so official? 😛 Okay, minutia: There are only 20 spots available. (Tweet this) Last year I did 30 and it was a blast! But this year I’m toning it down a little since we’re launching a sequel.
You can apply here or by filling out the application below. Twenty applicants will be selected and notified Tuesday, September 8th.
Q & A About the Book Launch Team
Why aren’t you just using last year’s Launch Team?
- Because this way new authors and friends will have a chance to be on a launch team and hopefully learn from it.
- Because different people reach different audiences!
- Because last year’s launch team was so awesome I don’t think this internet could handle us all again. 😉
What in the world is your book even about?
Well, this is a sequel. You can read all about book one, A Time to Die on my books page (In short: it’s about a girl with one year left to her Clock feels like she’s wasted her life and wants to find purpose before she zeroes out.) and read about book 2, A Time to Speak, here. (warning, spoilers in the blurb!)
I don’t have a blog, Facebook, or a Twitter. Can I still join the Launch Team?
Since this is a virtual launch, having some sort of online presence — at least a Facebook — is crucial. Facebook will be used for the majority of communication between launch members. Other than that, word of mouth is still one of the best ways to help an idea or message spread. And, you can spread the news other ways — through e-mailing friends and family members or at your local bookstore or church.
I don’t really know anything about marketing. Is my input still valuable?
Absolutely! If you’re a reader you are the exact person whose opinions I need to help make an impact.
What is the time commitment to join the Launch Team?
I understand we’re all very busy and I want to make this process as easy for you as possible with pre-written author interview questions, Tweets, Facebook posts, images, etc. This won’t be super time-consuming, but I’ll expect members to put time into reading the book, writing an honest review, and interacting in the private group. Give what you feel you can. 🙂
If I can’t commit to joining the launch team, but still want to help, what can I do?
You can follow the launch and share posts on social media, or keep up with what’s happening via my newsletter. Most of all, you can spread word about the book, request it at your library, or review it on Goodreads/Amazon. These are all so very helpful! Oh, and you can participate in all the giveaways and parties that are going to happen. 😉
I don’t live in the United States. Can I still join the team?
Of course! But please keep in mind that I will not be able to send you a paperback copy of the book due to high shipping costs. I appreciate your input and participation!
Questions for you:
Do you have a question that I haven’t addressed? Ask it in the comments!
What do you think could make a book launch exciting and successful?
If you were on my launch team last year, what did you enjoy about it?