Is it just me, or is 2016 FLYING BY?!
It’s been probably one of the most upheaving years of my life and we’re only 2 1/2 months in. *weeps* Actually, it’s not weep-worthy. Lots of good things are happening that I’ll slowly divulge in future blog posts so as not to DESTROY YOU with all the whirlwinds I’m lassoing Pecos-Bill-style like in Tall Tale. (Please tell me you’ve seen this movie.)
But because I thrive off of story — *points at self* Um. . .author — I tend to maintain my sanity by looking forward to the stories in my future. That means movies and books, people. So I thought I’d share with you the books and movies I’m anticipating in what’s left of this crazy year.
“Waiting On Wednesday” is a thing book bloggers do to share the books they’re anticipating. I’m taking it to a new level and sharing basically everything I’m anticipating in this upcoming year. Deal with it. 😛
What movies or books are you hoping to get to this year? (Tweet this)
YA Books of 2016
I’m a YA author, so of course I’m keeping a close eye on what’s coming out in this genre. There is so much to read and I fear I’ll never arrive at the level of well-read-ness (totally a word) that I desire. That’s probably a good thing because, can you imagine a world where I’m all caught up on my TBR pile? Um, no thank you. So here are the books I’m most looking forward to:
- The Square Root of Summer — Time travel seems to be the new thing and I’m certainly not one to complain. This book has been hyped…and I sure hope it lives up to the hype.
- Heartless — the first book Marissa Meyer has written since the Lunar Chronicles. The “secret life” of the queen of hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Can anyone say EPIC?!
- Unblemished — Sara Ella‘s debut novel and my hands are itching like they’ve been in a mosquito nest. I NEED THIS BOOK! (And so do you.)
Already-released in the ABA
- Red Queen — So this has been on my TBR list forever. But I always thought it was a fantasy. I was recently informed it is, in fact, DYSTOPIAN. What?!? So now I have to wait for the right mood to pick it up (because I was totally in a fantasy mood.)
- Throne of Glass Series — I like waiting until at least four books are out in the series before starting. Because that will take me the whole year and by the time I finish them, the next book will be out! 😛
- The Winner’s Curse — Everyone keeps telling me to read it. And since the cover is awesome, I’ve decided to comply. 😛
Already-released in the CBA (Christian Bookseller’s Association)
- Curio — I AM BUYING THIS BOOK ON FRIDAY!! Clearly my capslock key can’t contain my excitement. I waited because I wanted to buy it from a store. I mean, Amazon is great and all, but when my friend’s book is gonna be in a bookstore. . .so am I. (Problem is, our nearest bookstore is an hour and a half away.)
- Resistance — Everyone and their mother’s pet pineapple keeps raving about these books. Then hubby got me the first one for Christmas. Not to mention that Jaye is awesome. Can’t. Wait.
- A.D. 30 by Ted Dekker — I’m a sucker for Bible-Times historical fiction, like the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. How about one by genius Ted Dekker? Yes please!
This means the books I’m excited to read AND THEN WATCH THE MOVIE THE VERY NEXT DAY (so they better be good!)
Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children
I’ll admit, I haven’t read this book because the cover creeps me out. I gotta be truthful. It looks horror-ish to me, even though I know it’s not. And Tim Burton is doing the movie. I’m not his biggest fan. Yet the trailer has kind of hooked me and my sis gave me the book as a gift so. . .I have no excuse.
Me Before You
Um, there’s a MOVIE coming out! And I’m already scrambling for the tissues. I actually didn’t know this book existed. Then I saw the trailer and freaked out over Finnick (I mean, whatever that actor guys’ name is) and decided I MUST WATCH IT. Even if it’s going to make me bawl my eyes out. (I plan to read spoilers before going to see it. I’m that type of person.)
This is kind of a maybe. I’m still not sure how I feel about John Green’s books and I really just liked the trailer because of the music. LOL. #amprobablytheonlypersoneverwhodidn’tlikeFaultinOurStars
I don’t expect this movie to be anything like the book. And that’s a good thing. Personally, this book took me for-ev-er to finish. I’m not going to say it was boring, but I was bored. 😛 Blame it on my mood. I loved the Divergent movie, I was a bit “meh” with Insurgent (because they added an *ahem* scene), but I have high hopes for Allegiant. I’m going in to this with no expectations.
This movie looks like the cutest thing in existence. Animation inside animation with a Pixar feel? Yes please!
The Jungle Book
I don’t think this movie is going to blow me away. Hubby and I just re-watched the original Disney Jungle Book and it was much simpler than we both remembered. But…the visuals. I’m going to this for the visuals. And for the fun.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
I’m not sure it’s possible for me to express my excitement for this movie. I’ve been stalking its every update for the past year or two. Yup.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass
These versions of Alice in Wonderland are probably the only versions that I like. I’ve always found Alice in Wonderland to be a creepy story–even the Disney cartoon. *shudder* Almost as bad as Pinocchio. 😉 But these versions are weird…in an oddly enjoyable sort of way. So I’m excited for the continuation.
So do you feel like you’re drowning in photos now? Sorry, but talking books and movies just can’t be done without awesome visuals. We’re all suckers for (and judgers of) book covers. These are the books and movies I’m hoping to tackle this year (not extensive!) But I know there are so many amazing stories and journeys that I’ve yet to even learn about.
What books or movies are you hoping to get to this year?
Have you heard of or read any of these? Or are they all new to you?