I know what you’re thinking.
“Again? Didn’t you just do a Launch Team or Street Team or Team thingy for A Time to Speak? And didn’t you do it last year, too?”
I’M THINKING THE SAME THING! I’m thinking, “This is getting repetitive! And it’s a lot of work. And…do I plan to do this every year (maybe even twice a year?) for the rest of my author life?!? Ahhhh!” *dies*
So I’m trying something new.
The Launch Teams I’ve done in the past have been intense and temporary. The peeps who commit their time, energy, and fresh-baked cookies to the launch basically step in, go crazy with me, and then we all disperse….and miss each other.
stalked researched several other authors to see what they’re doing. 😉 I’m taking a leaf out their books and I’m doing a Street Team. (Tweet this) Frankly, before I completed my stalking research, I wasn’t even sure what a Street Team was. I’ve heard the term tossed around a lot, but now I finally get it.
A Street Team is Permanent
Yup. You’re selling me your soul. Hey wait, come back…I’m KIDDING! But being on the street team is permanent (I mean, unless you want to leave. Then you can just leave. So…um…I suppose it’s not permanent?) Basically you get to be on it and it’s never disbanded. So come have a seat on this little super-glue cushion…
Wait, come back! I’M STILL KIDDING! Sheesh!
(Maybe I should have started with a different point.)
A Street Team is Open to Everyone
No application process this time. I don’t care what social media you’re on (or not on.) It doesn’t matter what country you live in. And it’s even okay if your favorite cookies aren’t Oreos. The only requirement is that you like my books! 😀 (‘Cause that’d be weird if you joined to promote my books and didn’t even like them.)
A Street Team has fewer requirements than Launch Teams
If you were on my Launch Team, you realized that it was like stepping foot into the middle of the atom bomb right before it detonated. Things got crazy (in a super fun ninja way!) and we splashed my newly releasing books all over the internet. As fun as it was, I’m pretty sure we all came out of it with more gray hairs than we intended. (I know I did.) BUT…the Street Team will be a bit more relaxed. I’m not going to sum it all up here (because what if you’re, like, not even interested? 😛 ) But you can read all about the Street Team on this main Street Team Page — this is the page for the people actually interested in being part of it.
This blog is more to inform the world that the Street Team now exists. 😉
The stuff you’d get and stuff you’d do.
In short, here’s what Street Team members would get:
- Acceptance into an exclusive Facebook group to share your thoughts, talk to me, and engage with other fans. (There is also an exclusive e-mail for those who don’t have Facebook.) Unlike the Launch Teams, this group will not be disbanded. It’s FOR-EV-ER.
- A drawing each release month for a $15 Amazon gift card (TWO WINNERS)
- Promotional materials to give out, to show your friends how awesome you are.
- Promotional materials to keep for yourself, to remind yourself how awesome you are. 😉
- Autographed copies of books, bookmarks, postcards, and more
- Exclusive Q&A sessions or live “hangouts”
And here’s what I’d encourage (not require) Street Team members to do:
- Tell people you know about the books and share with friends & family to help spread the word.
- Buy the books during the first week of release – this helps get books on bestseller lists.
- Ask your local library to order my books, give the librarians the title, name, and link.
- Leave promo materials at local book stores, coffee shops, or library – with permission!
- Join in any big social pushes for releases or announcements.
- Feature interviews, reviews, excerpts or anything else on your blog, website, Facebook, etc…
- Review the books as soon as possible at online retailers with your (honest) thoughts.
(These are totally just questions I’m anticipating, not ones that were actually asked. 😛 )
Do I have to join today? No! This Street Team option is permanent. It’s even part of my new menu and anyone can join whenever. (Unless I get 100,000 members…then I might take it down. O.o )
Wait, this wasn’t enough information. Tell me more! Well, since you asked, this main Street Team page will tell you all you need to know. (And if it doesn’t, just post a comment and I’ll add the new info into the post.)
How do I sign up? Easy, just go to this main Street Team page!
Is this exclusive to the Out of Time Series? No. My Street Team will be for all my books! 🙂 Which means you get to see the new stuff I’m working on soon. Mwahaha.
How is this different than the Nadine’s Ninjas Facebook Group? Um…about that. 😛 They’re different, really. The Nadine’s Ninjas group is more for people who enjoy my books and want to chat in a friendly community. Fans and such, but these people aren’t committing to being on my team. I don’t send them promo stuff because…there are a lot of people. 😛 (Basically, I made the Nadine’s Ninjas group before thinking of the Street Team idea and now…there are two groups.)
So what do you think? Am I crazy? Or do you like this idea?