Tomorrow is hubby’s and my 4th anniversary. *throws confetti*
It doesn’t sound like that long but we have done so much in that short amount of time — much more than we ever imagined we’d do. Every year for our anniversary, I give him a framed photo of us that lists all the things we’ve done in the past year. Guys…we’ve done SO MUCH!
This year, as I put together the photo, I read back over the other three and basically slumped in my chair in awe. You all know my books are about pursuing God and pursuing life. Three weeks before our wedding, Daylen and I got baptized together and we committed our lives to following God together. Now, today, I look back and see what He did with it.
So I thought I’d share where God’s taken us in the past four years. These are the lists I’ve made over the years (sorry if some points don’t make sense.) Also, I’d like to encourage you to look back your life and see where He’s taken you in the past year. Make a bullet point list like me! And, if you want, share it in the comments. 🙂
- Traveled to San Francisco and Mammoth Mountain
- Daylen snowboarded for the first time.
- Ate the best meal of our lives!
- Led a Christian Campus House Grow Trip to Passion 2012 (Georgia)
- Nadine graduated with her Master’s Degree!
- Started reading the Harry Potter Series to hubby
- Hubby led a Grow Trip to Joplin, MO.
- Road-tripped to Wyoming from Missouri
- Started our Snowboard boardercross quest.
- Made homemade vanilla extract for the first time.
- Flew to California for Omi’s 80th birthday, visited the Cabin, Daylen tried water skiing!
- Joined Christian Campus House on a spring break to the Smoky Mountains.
- Made our first house into a wonderful cozy home.
- We led a Grow Trip to Joplin, MO together. I learned house mudding and how to lay tile.
- Daylen rode a snowmachine (snowmobile) for the first time.
- We finished reading through the Harry Potter Series together.
- Raced snowboarding. Went to National Championships!
- Nadine finished writing the first full draft of A Time to Die.
- Moved to Idaho.
- Nadine started her freelance editing business.
- Traveled a LOT (wedding in Cali, Joplin, California x3, Bahamas)
- Daylen helped start Table Rock Christian School.
- Nadine got contracted with Marcher Lord Press.
- Sold Vanilla at the Farmer’s Market.
- Daylen picked his first huckleberries.
- We sailed night and day on a 44-ft sailboat from NC to the Bahamas.
- Daylen learned to scuba dive!
- We found and claimed two huckleberry patches.
- Started hosting a youth game night at hour house.
- Worked as cabin leaders at Old Faithful Christian Ranch.
- Finished first year of Table Rock Christian School!
- A Time to Die RELEASED!
- Nadine signed with an agent. (*squeal*)
- Daylen got Scuba certified and we dove together in a volcanic crater in Utah…in winter.
- Daylen attended two Royals vs. Giants World Series games!
- We met the Oplev Family from Russia. <3
- God revealed some of our purpose for being in Idaho.
- Took over 5 road trips (Missouri x3, California, Idaho, Salt Lake)
- Went to our first Biola Reunion get-together.
- Learned how to walk a slackline.
- Nadine finally met the last of Daylen’s brothers.
- Visited Wizarding World of Harry Potter! *drool*
- Nadine finished writing the first full draft of A Time to Speak.
- Nadine went through the Panama Canal!
- We visited Russia! (Nadine spoke at a women’s conference, Hubby taught a baseball clinic and met with pastors.
- Nadine went to the Realm Makers Conference (finally!)
- We hunted morel mushrooms in Idaho and Nadine found her first morel ever!
- We went to Royals Opening Day game. 🙂
- Scuba dove in freezing Pacific waters…in our own scuba gear!
- Daylen led a team to Russia (again) and taught a week-long baseball clinic.
- Nadine explored heritage and Europe on a mother + sisters trip. (Iceland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany.)
- Nadine finished writing A Time to Rise
- Went dogsledding…for reals. Drove the sleds and everything.
- Nadine met Francine Rivers!
- A Time to Speak RELEASED!
- Nadine won the Carol Award. *overwhelmed*
I am overwhelmed looking back at our lives. Everything changed when God introduced me to my fellow adventurer, Daylen. We love to dream, but more than that we love to do. And God has let us aboard his airship and is unrolling the map of adventure.
Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children (Deut 4:9)
Sometimes it’s scary to look back. It’s scary to remember because we all have junk and darkness and bad memories in our pasts. But that’s why I make a list of the amazing things. I keep the list as the year goes along and revisit it frequently. “Wait, that all happened just this year?”
So what are some amazing things God’s done in your life this last year? Share one (or all!) of them below.