Calling all the brave and heroic adventurers! Don your armor, capes, and swords. Lace up those boots and tighten that belt because…
I need your help.
My book, A Time to Die, releases exactly six weeks from tomorrow and I can’t possibly announce it to the world with my own two feeble lungs. I’m trying something new. I’m building a launch team.
When you hear “launch” you may think of astronauts strapped into a space shuttle. Well, when I hear “launch” I think more of this:
Only instead of belly-flopping into a pool of paint afterward, I like to hope we’ll fly. (Please tell me you’ve seen the movie, Hook.)
Would you like to be one of the launchers? A lost boy (or girl) who pulls back the slingshot? I’m looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty (figuratively.) The launch team will be the brawn (and brains!) behind spreading the word about my book.
Team Member Benefits
As a member of the launch team, you will get:
- An electronic review copy (PDF) of A Time to Die immediately upon acceptance.
- Exclusive access to a Facebook group where we’ll brainstorm ideas.
- A special THANK YOU after the launch with links to your blog or website on my blog.
- Your choice of either a free 20-page edit on your work-in-progress OR a free paperback copy of A Time to Die when it releases.
- Be willing to write an honest book review on Amazon, Goodreads and/or your blog.
- Help spread the word any way you can — to your existing platform and beyond (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Interact with the rest of the team and try to come up with 2 or 3 creative ideas for the launch. I won’t use them all, but the more to sift through the better! (Don’t let this bullet point intimidate you.)
- If you’re a blogger, consider an interview or guest post featuring me or the book.
That’s all! You can apply here. (See updated below — applications are now closed.) Think about it, pray about it, but keep in mind I can accept only a limited number of team members to keep the launch manageable. Don’t wait too long to apply!
Accepted applicants will be notified by August 19th.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who applied! It was hard to choose only 30 applications for the team. I'm already excited for what future Launch Teams will hold. :) I've left the link up so other authors may see how I organized the application system.
Questions About the Book Launch Team
- “What in the world is your book even about?” A girl with one year left to her Clock feels like she’s wasted her life and wants to find purpose before she zeroes out. Read all about it here. (dystopian spec-fic)
- “I don’t have a blog, Facebook, or a Twitter. Can I still join the Launch Team?” Since this is a virtual launch, having some sort of online presence — at least a Facebook — is crucial. Facebook will be used for the majority of communication between launch members. Other than that, word of mouth is still one of the best ways to help an idea or message spread. And, you can spread the news other ways — through e-mailing friends and family members or at your local bookstore or church.
- “I don’t really know anything about marketing. Is my input still valuable?” Absolutely! If you’re a reader you are the exact person whose opinions I need to help make an impact.
- “What is the time commitment to join the Launch Team?” I understand we’re all very busy and I want to make this process as easy for you as possible with pre-written author interview questions, Tweets, Facebook posts, images, etc. This won’t be super time-consuming, but I will expect members to put some time into reading the book, writing an honest review, and interacting in the private group. Give what you feel you can. 🙂
- “I do not live in the United States. Can I still join the team?” Of course! But please keep in mind that I will not be able to send you a paperback copy of the book due to high shipping costs. I appreciate your input and participation!
Do you have a question that I haven’t addressed? Ask it in the comments!
What do you think could make a book launch exciting and successful?
Join my newsletter list for all updates and announcements. Just enter your e-mail address here: