Last week, I shared 10 goals on my fiction bucket list with you, which I loved and can’t seem to stop adding to it. (To see my full fiction bucket list, visit my Pinterest page!) I thought it only fitting to share some goals from my life bucket list. As the new year approaches, I always love looking at my bucket list to inspire me to continue adventuring.
I think it’s good to spell out dreams, even if they seem far-fetched (one of mine is to visit Antarctica, that certainly qualifies as obscure!) It’s important to dream and to pursue those—-to have goals, both fun and serious. Here are 16 of mine:
- Memorize a book of the Bible
- Ride a tandem bike with my husband
- Attend the ACFW Conference
- Ride a gondola in Venice
- Read 52 books in one year
- Go to the Olympics
- Finish NaNoWriMo successfully
- Travel to Russia as an adult (the only time I went, I was 14 and I truly can’t remember as much as I wish I could)
- See my book on shelves in bookstores (preferably Barnes & Noble, of course)
- Meet J. K. Rowling
- Learn Russian fluently
- Read every book published by Marcher Lord Press
- Sleep in an overnight train.
- Become a published author. [grin] (Almost there!)
- Raise my children to love Jesus and understand authentic faith.
About a year ago, I discovered bucketlist.org—-a place to keep track of the adventures/items you’ve completed and to make a list of the things you want to do. Sometimes I like to look back through mine to remind myself of all the amazing things God has allowed me to experience in my short lifetime.
How about you? Do you have a bucket list? What are two things listed on it?